The Technology Transfer Center started up from January 2022 as a structural unit of the Technology Center of Science Academy of Turkmenistan. The main goal of the Center is supporting to promote the innovatiýe and investing projects through commercialization of scientific projects, results of scientific research experimental technological and design-engineering work.
In accordance with the goal, the main objectives of the TTC are:
- to perform consulting services within the framework of the TTC’s activity;
- to provide expert assessment and making recommendations on the commercializing of the most perspective projects, developments and results of intellectual activity;
- to collect and analyze of information on innovative ideas and technologies, to conduct preliminary marketing research;
- to support the protection of the intellectual property’s rights;
- to involve clients to the results of scientific research and development works;
- to create and promote start-up businesses, business-incubators with the support of the Technology Center;
- to involve financial resources for commercialization of scientific projects and ideas.
To achieve the objectives, the TTC performs activities in the following areas:
- conducting expertise on assessment of commercial possibility of scientific projects, developments and ideas;
- carrying out activities on protection of the rights, transfer and use of intellectual property, including patenting, filing and submitting the applications;
- consulting and methodological support in economic, financial, legal aspects, development of standards, feasibility studies, business plans, etc.;
- supporting on development and promotion of innovative projects and developments, following-up;
- finding funding for innovative projects, including technology transfer projects;
- presenting of developments on competitions, grants, exhibitions, negotiations with potential customers;
- organization of joint events for representatives of science, business and other interested parties, stakeholders (seminars, conferences, working spheres, round tables and etc.);
- organizing competitions of innovative ideas and other events for selecting perspective technologies;
- building start-up businesses and business-incubators based on innovative technologies;
- providing services to develop international cooperation with international organizations, foreign scientific and technical, design and engineering, innovative and industrial companies;
- consulting to involve local and foreign investments; investors, business partners;
- implementation of consulting services on commercialization of scientific and technical developments, technology transfer;
- providing services on promotional activities, preparing advertising products; services for information promotion of created goods, technologies, services, organizational and technical solutions;
- technological audit of innovative technologies and enterprises.